Yesterday, we spent the day at my grandparent's house in Cairo (for those of you that have never heard of Cairo, that's is South Georgia, God's Country!) My grandmother cooked an outstanding lunch for all of us...just to give your taste buds a tease..we ate country fried steak that was cooked in the oven with gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, fresh creamed corn, fresh peas and fresh sliced tomatoes. Chris doesn't exact get that kind of cookin' from my kitchen, so it's nice to be pampered by Gan with her over the top country cookin'! After lunch, we all went to chill on their back deck...as you can see in the photo below, Raz had a great time running around Papa's farm like a wild man...I didn't catch any photos of him running around like a spaz, but I managed to get this photo of him as he was chillin' out. He's so funny!
Papa chillin' after lunch
My Gan (in the blue shirt) and her good friend, Edna (pronounced Ed-ner in South Georgia).
A photo of Papa's garden....corn, peas and not sure what else he's growing, but I know I'll be eating some of it soon!
Papa's grapevines...YUMM-O! There is nothing like picking fresh grapes off these vines and eating them as you walk around the yard...it doesn't get any better than that!
Some of the grapes
Papa's apple tree is FULL of apples...I'm thinking APPLE PIE!
Chris and Papa checking out the grapevines. Check out Papa's pants, he has them rolled up like he's waiting for the flood...the funny thing is, he actually was waiting for the flood. It rained just about all day...it stopped for a couple hours, so we took the opportunity to walk around and check out all the hard work Papa has put into his garden. There's nothing like going to my Gan & Papa's house, I look forward to taking Savannah up to Papa's house so he can teach her how to fish with a cane pole..like he did when I was little. Great times, Awesome memories!

1 comment:
Ugh....could you make me anymore jealous? NO!
Can't wait to get down there soon!
Post a Comment