Monday, May 19, 2008

It's been a while, sorry!

For those that check our blog regularly, I'm sorry that I've been a slacker and not posted anything for the past month or so. There isn't too much to report..except that Savannah is kicking and moving around like a WILD WOMAN! And I love it! I can't wait to see what she looks like, I can't wait to hold her and most of all I can't wait to see her Daddy hold her! That will be a sight that I will never forget! I know Chris is going to be the best dad in the whole world! He already talks to her (through my belly button??)..so I'm sure she'll recognize his voice when she arrives...another sound she'll recognize...Harley and Raz barking! Should be interesting to see the dogs and how they react to her sweet little sounds!

We had a great Mother's Day weekend...we had my folks, Chris' folks and some of our siblings over to our house for a cook-out...we had lots of fun! I was kinda bummed that my sister and her family couldn't make it, but seeing that it would have taken them 2 days to get here from the great state of Texas, I let this one slide, (just kidding!). But I did talk with my sister today and she WILL be here for Savannah's birth! I'll be posting some of the photos from Mother's Day weekend as soon as I download them from my camera.

I'm excited about this coming weekend.....I get to see one of my best friends and her family (Amanda Tomlin) at the beach PLUS I have my first baby shower on Saturday and my friend Sarah's beach house! I'll be sure to post some photos of the shower...once I take them...just a little teaser!

Also, two weeks ago, Chris and I had maternity photos taken at Coalson Plantation in Thomasville, Georgia. We couldn't have ordered a better day to take the photos....hopefully the photographer will have some proofs to me tomorrow and I'll see if I can post them on my blog! You will not believe the "belly" when you see it, cause it's large and in charge! And I love it! I have to admit that being pregnant is a wonderful thing.....it took me a while to accept the way I looked pregnant, but then it hit me, "I'm suppose to look like this!" Once I got over that, I really started enjoying being pregnant and watching my body transform into this little "hotel" for Savannah. It's funny to watch Chris' face when Savannah shifts from one side of my belly to the other...I can't explain his face but I love it!

Okay, I'll stop rambling for now...check back from some updated photos of our growing family!

1 comment:

DKay said...

Hey Lana!!
Love the blog. I'm a blogger too! It is nice to keep up with those we love through distances and busy schedules!!
Can't wait to see some more pics.