Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PROJECTILE

Before I was a Mommie, I would hear horror stories about parents that had babies that were projectile vomiters...the stories would get more and more detailed and to be honest pretty darn disgusting...as I listened to these stories, I would think to myself, "man, that had to suck!" Well, this particular afternoon I found myself in their shoes. Savannah has never had a problem with projectile vomiting, maybe some little spit-ups, but that's it. Here's how it all went down....I fed her the normal amount of food at her scheduled feeding...I burped her every ounce and even burped a little extra after she finished her bottle...after about an hour of burping and wake time, it was time to change her diaper and lay her down for her nap. The diaper change was successful, but about the time I went to pick her up, she had this weird look on her face...eyes opened WIDE. And that's all she wrote..she threw up all over herself, all over the changing pad cover, some landed on the carpet, but I managed to dodge a large portion of it...it only got on my leg. Then came the clean up effots...I had to strip her down, give her a bath, wash the changing pad over, clean the carpet, I had to take a bath and change clothes...after all of that...it was Corona time. No, I'm just joking....it wasn't Corona time...it came later that night! I had to take a photo of the mess Savannah and I made in a hour time frame...I found the Corona bottles in the recycle bin in the garage and thought it would be a nice accessory in this photos. Total madness!

1 comment:

Lori said...

What's the phone number to CPS?